zaterdag 29 juni 2013

Memories for Life!


Working, living in Budapest and travelling has been beautiful these 7 months and Budapest will be rocking another 2 months.  Life is too short to have regrets: That’s why I love to live the life that makes me happy: Travelling, experiencing new places, interesting people, saying yes to just about anything. If there’s an adventure available, I’ll go for it-it! Can you pin down the pivotal time in your life when you really felt: now I am an adult? For me, it was when I left the comfort and security at home to go living abroad and travelling, living an independent life. Working abroad changed my life in so many ways and I have never been happier and more self-confident than I am now. I am grateful for the things that my travel experiences have taught me and I look forward to learning more about the world around me. 

In front of the Opera, ready to watch Snow White
I am now 7 months, 30 weeks, 210 days and 5,040 hours in Budapest, leaving the rainy and cold weather in the Netherlands behind. And I fell in love with this city. After a few months in Budapest I realized that next to my home in the Netherlands there is a second place in the world to call home.
The best way to explore Budapest and what I love to do is to aimlessly potter around its streets, admiring the architecture and discovering the tiny, quirky shops and cafés. Budapest is famous for its Spa Culture and its Tea Culture and it has many book cafés and lovely bookstores. YES, GREAT! Because I love reading books and a cup of tea (or more) with carrot cake! Reading is a rich psychical pleasure for me and the combination of books, tea and carrot cake is pure happiness!  My favorite book café in Budapest is definitely Massolit, because 1. Their carrot cake is delicious and 2. There is a lovely garden.

Having fun with amazing people, in the train to Bratislava
Another thing that I love is that public transportation in Hungary is cheap! That means TRAVELLING! I love to search on the Internet for nice towns to visit in Hungary and to plan my trip. During these months I have been to these small, lovely cities: Szentendre, Esztergom, Vác, Gödöllö and Keckskemét.  When my boyfriend Daniël was visiting me we have been to Bratislava (actually I have been there twice, during the winter and the spring) and I have been to Prague with friends. Vienna is still on my bucket list!

Budapest gave me good feelings and continues to give me! The persons I meet here are amazing and it is hard to say goodbye every time someone goes back to their home town. Tonight I had to say goodbye to Barbara, a friend from China. She is a really good friend and I really loved hanging out with her, going to parties, pubs, going out for dinner and going to Bratislava. She wrote me a beautiful letter about the time we spend together and gave it to me tonight. I am really grateful to have met such a good friend here in Budapest! When I have the chance, I will go to Peking and visit her!

In Budapest, it feels like everything has its own soul and that gives the city a great atmosphere!

Will be continued….

1 opmerking: