zaterdag 2 februari 2013

Budapest, a new experience!


It has been a while since I wrote my last blog, it must be time for a new one! Time flies! 2 months ago I said YES to a new opportunity in my life, working in Budapest at a social media agency! 29th of November 2012, I was packing my bags ( fitting it all neatly into only one suitcase wasn't that easy for a girl like me, but I made it), heading to the airport, saying goodbye to my loved ones, and then the new adventure could begin! When the airplane made his journey through the sky, I was thinking " What will Budapest bring me, where will it takes me''?

Now 2 months later, Budapest has brought me joy and happiness, self-reflection, freedom, friends from all over the world, new perspectives on life, the beauty of the nature and the city ( Budapest is really one of the most beautiful cities in Europe), and the Spa culture ( Not bad, to relax in the spa and to wind down after a busy working day I can tell you :P). The Széchenyi Baths are my favourite! They have 3 outside pools ( one where you can do some laps, and then two others where you can relax in water of a temperature of 36-38 degrees ( so nice to go here in the winter, the combination of hot and cold). They also have many inside pools.


Budapest also took me to 'ruin bars', ( they are not as bad as the name will suggest ;)). I will tell you what these '' ruin bars'' are. These are bars in abandoned buildings and courtyards. It has taken over the nightlife in Budapest a few years back. The first time I went to the most famous ruin pub in Budapest, Szimpla Kert in Kazinczy Utca, I didn't not really know what I could expect. But, it was amazing. What a charm and vibe! It looks like it is put together from a selection of second-hand electronic devices ( also not that bad as it sounds, if you like the vintage style! :) It has also a selection of old Russian cars, pre-historic things and old bikes. All these things makes the pub alternative :) There are many different rooms, there is a cocktail bar, and in the summer it is nice to be in the '' open air room''. You can sit in an old car while enjoying your cocktail! I really like the concept! This concept should be exported to the Dutch market ( so that when I will be back home, there would be '' a little bit of Budapest in Tilburg city'' , so that I will not miss it too much)

Then the second ruin pub I visited was Instant, also an amazing experience. The theme of this pub is '' forest'' and that was absolutely clear , since there were animals everywhere ( ok, not real animals ofcourse :P) I'm sure I will visit more ruin pubs during my stay here! Really curious about the other styles.

In my next blog ( I promise you you don't have to wait so long this time) I will tell you more about the things that are worth a visit in Budapest and the things I am up to.

Here you can see a picture of the Instant bar and Szimpla Kert to get an idea of the atmosphere ( but you really have to go there once you are in Budapest, to experience it yourself) And enjoy watching the timelapse of Budapest by clicking on the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92DwUuAL0gE














Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten